If you are not a citizen of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries, it is possible that you need a visa in order to study in Spain, depending on the length of your course and your nationality.

  • If your course is less than three months, you should confirm if you need a visa to enter the Schengen area based on your nationality.
  • If your course is more than three months, you need a visa to properly enter into the Schengen area. This visa gives you the authorization to study, not to work.

To obtain the visa you must meet these requirements:

  • Have been admitted into an officially recognized institution in Spain for the purpose of studying full-time in a program working towards obtaining a degree or certificate of studies.
      • What is considered full-time? It’s understood to be about 20 hours a week.
      • Is online or semi-presential ok? No
      • Do they have to be regulated studies? No, you can come to do non-regulated studies but the center must be authorized by the Autonomous Community and at the end you must obtain a degree or certificate of studies.
  • Not to be prohibited from entering Spain and not to be rejected from the territory of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this regard.

If you have previously applied for a visa and it was denied, you might need to have your application reviewed by a professional.

  • Have sufficient economic means for yourself and your family (if applicable) to cover your expenses during your stay and return to your country in accordance with the following amounts:
    • For the students’ monthly support, 100% of the IPREM (Public Indicator of Multiple Effects Income, the index used in Spain as a reference since 2004. For 2017 the amount is 537.84€ per month, less than 8,000 euros per year), unless it has been certified that accommodation has been paid in advance for the entire duration of the stay.
    • For the monthly support of their family, 75% of the IPREM for the first relative and 50% of the IPREM for each of the remaining persons, unless it has been certified that accommodation has been paid in advance for the entire duration of the stay.
  • Have a public or private health insurance contract with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain.
  • Depending on the consulate where you need to apply, some details will vary for the insurance, such as length of stay and non-residency or that it includes repatriation in case of death.
  • If the applicant is an adult, proof of the absence of a criminal record in countries of residence over the past 5 years, for any conduct considered a criminal offence in Spain.
  • A medical certificate stating that you do not suffer from any disease that could have a severe impact on public health in accordance with the 2005 International Health Regulations.
Contact Us:

+91 93547 06552


Copyrights © 2021 Visasforall | Designed & Developed By Zauca